Tuesday, April 8, 2014

][ rave review \\ milkbar, launceston ][

There's a little cafe in Launceson called Milkbar. Actually it's called Milkbar cafe + workshop, but I'll get to that bit later. It's been in town for some time, but for some reason or other I haven't visited for nearly as long. A pity really, I've missed the cheery vintage decor - isn't it cute?
So Ingrid and I popped into town to grab some new ballet shoes. Her eyes lit up when I asked if she wanted to go a cafe with mummy. If I thought she was excited when I suggested a raspberry spider, to be honest she nearly laid an egg when she actually saw what a raspberry spider was!
Safe in the knowledge that the spider was made from local, and where possible organic ingredients we slurped and giggled and had a lovely time as my assistant (though somewhat high on the red stuff) picked out snap worthy pictures. And there you have it. Milkbar supports their local producers, many of whom I've blogged about before on our trips to Harvest Farmers Markets. They use free range meat too, when they can source it!  How good is that. Oh. One thing that has changed, meet the new owners Rob & Bek. They are super friendly and offer great service to boot. 
So after our little snack (don't tell George), we ventured out the back , where they run craft workshops. They also have a badge machine which is available for use free of charge. Though I do suggest having a raspberry spider first, to keep your energy up! Also, this space serves as a retail space for craft supplies and vintage cool stuff. I bought a roll of lovely washi tape. 

You too can enjoy the wonders of Milkbar cafe + workshop by popping into 139 St John St, Launceston. They are open Monday to Friday, 8-4:30. You can view their website here, and their facebook page here.
Have you discovered, or rediscovered a little gem recently? I'd love to hear about it....

6 comments:

  1. This place looks amazeballs! What a great treat to have locally. And what a lovely outing to have with your daughter - so sweet! I'd nearly lay an egg if I was sitting in front of such a lovely raspberry spider too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I visited Milkbar on my last trip and totally fell in love! It's the only place I could find that has decent coffee and the staff are so nice! I didn't realise they had so much cool stuff out the back! Will def check it out again next visit...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is lovely. Wonder if the Elgaar milk made a difference to the coffee?

      Delete
  3. It was great to meet you and your daughter, she is adorable. Thanks for the wonderful review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasure!! Look forward to popping in again soon!

      Delete